What if you could live a healthy life with significant savings? When it comes to medicine, there are better ways than the traditional symptoms-based approach to treat chronic illness and disease. Continue reading to learn what integrative, naturopathic and functional medicine is and why you should take this proactive approach to your health care.
This approach to medicine puts you, the patient at the center and acknowledges the entire range of influences that affects your health. This includes mental, social, physical, spiritual, environmental and emotional forces. With an individualized strategy that takes into account your personal situation and needs, integrative medicine uses the most fitting means of intervention to heal disease and illness, while assisting in the maintenance of optimal health.
Some defining principles of integrative medicine include:
- The practitioner and you are health partners
- A broad concept of health and prevention are examined
- Exploring various factors that affect your health including mind, body, spirit and community
- Natural and less invasive treatments are at the forefront of effective intervention
- Personalized care is used to best treat your unique condition or needs
When the power of nature and modern science are combined, naturopathic medicine is created. Physicians who practice naturopathic medicine diagnose and treat you, the patient with chronic conditions and illnesses, while addressing the state of their mind, body and spirit. The six principles of naturopathy include:
- The healing power of nature
- Not harming the body, mind or spirit
- Identifying and treating the cause or condition
- Labeling physicians as teachers
- Treating the whole person
Naturopathic medicine seeks to promote optimal health and disease prevention by focusing on the care of the entire person. This means treating each person to their unique and individual needs with a holistic approach.
This systems-oriented approach focuses on identifying and treating the root cause of disease in the body. Functional medicine engages both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic alliance. This type of health care addresses the needs of the 21st century with a patient-centered approach. Functional medicine practitioners listen to you, the patient and look for genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that could affect a patient’s long term health.
The functional medicine model illustrates that a diagnosis is the result of various causes. It is important to look into an individual’s genes, environment and lifestyle to determine the root cause of disease or medical condition.
Taking a Proactive Approach
Having a proactive approach to health care means taking responsibility for your life. The combination of integrative, naturopathic and functional medicine reduces the risk of chronic illness and disease, which are responsible for seven out of every ten deaths in the U.S. This type of self-care will revolutionize your life and health to promote vitality and optimal health, as well as saving you an immense amount of money.
Knox Wellness wants to act as your partner in transforming your overall health. We take a proactive approach to medicine by helping you achieve the happiest and healthiest version of yourself. During your first Essential Wellness appointment, your provider will help you select one or more paths to wellness that will address your most vital needs. The entire purpose behind these steps and choosing a “path” or multiple paths is to get you on a road to better well-being and to focus on making you better through the 5-step process.
- Step 1: Schedule an Essential Wellness 3-appointment package
- Step 2: During your first Essential Wellness appointment, your provider will help you select one or more paths to wellness that address your most vital needs
- Step 3: Schedule follow-up visit to review test results and discuss your personalized treatment plan
- Step 4: Attend follow-up appointment one month later to assess progress and discuss next steps
- Step 5: Discover the joy of a happier, healthier you!
This process is revolutionary because it enables you to take control of your health and to solve the core issues— not just symptoms.
Get on the path to a healthier you by discovering the power of proactive care. Knox Wellness administers exceptional insight into holistic health care and acts as true partners in their patients’ health journey to help aid you in creating a life you love. Visit our website or call us at 865-801-9501 to book an appointment today!