At Knox Wellness, we offer chelation therapy for the removal of heavy metals from the body. This is most effective if given intravenously, but oral therapy is an alternative. Heavy metals may be contributing to many chronic and degenerative health conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular (heart) disease and Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Disorders of the central nervous system and brain: Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders, Parkinson’s, Autism, Developmental Delays, Neuropathies
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (poor circulation)
- Kidney disease, Pain, And Inflammation
- Chronic Fatigue
- Mood Disorders: Depression and Anxiety
Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and other metals create free radicals, which cause oxidative and DNA damage to the body. If you smoke, have metal/mercury fillings in your teeth, or have possible heavy metal exposures in your job (automotive, construction, lead paint, welding, etc), you may have heavy metal toxicity. Excessive heavy metals can be easily tested for through urine testing.
By using an amino acid EDTA (ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) intravenously, this binds with heavy metals in the bloodstream, which are then flushed out by the kidneys in the urine. EDTA has been used for decades and has been FDA approved for chelation therapy of lead. By following strict protocols, the effects of chelation treatments can be dramatic, restorative, and life-prolonging.