For thousands of years, massage, body work, and other forms of hands-on body manipulation have been used to heal areas of chronic stress and pain. At Knox Wellness, our massage and body work services are effective standalone therapies and can also be used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan to restore your quality of life.
Serving the Knoxville area in Tennessee, Knox Wellness is led by Dr. Chris Siano. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how body work and massage can help relax your muscle stress and tension and improve the overall balance of your body.
What are Body Work and Massage?
From a relaxing Swedish massage to a deep tissue massage to release “knots” and muscle tension, massage and body work have developed into several techniques. These therapies remain effective forms of treatment centuries after first being developed and can provide complementary treatment for a variety of conditions, such as:
- Nerve and joint pain
- Chronic headaches
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related insomnia
- And more!
How Do Body and Work and Massage Help the Body?
These gentle, focused manipulations of the muscles and soft tissues of the body have multiple benefits:
- Movement of lymphatic fluid. The lymph system is responsible for carrying waste, pathogens, and toxins from the body. Body work and massage can help facilitate this process.
- Toxin release. Muscle stress and soft tissue tension can lead to metabolic toxins building up. Hands-on manipulation can help safely and gently move these toxins through the body’s normal release process.
- Tension release. The mind and the body are connected, which can affect overall wellness and functionality when chronic tension has built up in the muscles. Body work and massage can help maintain relaxation and achieve better balance in the body
- Stress reduction and energy increase. It is estimated that many modern conditions and diseases can be influenced by stress. Drug-free methods such as hands-on manipulation can provide a more natural solution.
- Body System enhancement. The immune system, nervous system, and other critical body systems can be optimized by body work and massage relaxing tension and aiding in the removal of waste from the body.
Which Form of Body Work and Massage is Right for Me?
At Knox Wellness, we offer an array of comprehensive therapies that work synergistically to promote complete wellness. During your consultation with our experienced medical team, we will listen to your concerns and evaluate your individual condition to help you determine which techniques are best for you.
Contact Knox Wellness today to schedule a consultation and find out which safe and effective body work and massage technique can provide the most direct benefit to you and your wellness.
CLICK BELOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT